A completed diamond painting makes for a wonderful piece of art that can be displayed on walls of your room, living room or office. There is no better way to use your diamond painting than as a decorative piece, and the best way to do that is by framing it.
To frame a diamond painting, you can simply opt for the traditional framing option, which is a good old wooden frame. Follow the steps given below to frame your completed art.
- Choose a wooden frame that corresponds to the size of your canvas. Buy here.
- If the frame is disassembled, follow these steps to fix up your frame:
- The ends of the frame sections are accurately mitered, which means they fit together tightly. Take two mitered frame section and place them in a way that the mitered ends fit into each other perfectly.
- Spread the wood glue that comes with the packaging on each joint.
- Hold the ends together and apply slight pressure to make sure that the frame sections fit together.
- Repeat the process till the frame is assembled.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- You can hold the entire frame together using a metal clamp as well.
- The clamp fits around the entire frame. You can tighten the clamp from both directions to ensure that the frame is in place while you are waiting for the glue to dry.
Note: if by applying pressure you accidentally cause extra glue to squeeze out of the corners, clean it up using a damp rag to avoid sanding the wooden frame.
- Carefully trim the extra edges of the canvas. Most canvases have extra length on all four sides. It is recommended to trim the edges, so that the canvas is a snug fit inside the frame.
- After you have sealed your diamond painting canvas and waited for it to dry completely, place the canvas inside the frame.
- In case you want to opt for an alternative method of framing, you can do the following:
- Use decorative washi tapes to cover the edges of the canvas. Washi tape is useful as it gives a two-in-one purpose. Not only it will cover the edges but will also stick the canvas to the wall.
- You can also make a DIY Frame for your diamond painting if you are feeling extra creative. Here are some creative ideas with tutorials.
Now that you have completed the final step in your fun yet arduous journey of diamond painting, you are ready to show it off to the world!